Best stick vacuum for hardwood floors: Top 4 best stick vacuums you can buy in 2021
So, you have a hardwood floor and are wondering which is the best stick vacuum for hardwood floors? Well, that’s understandable. After all, the floor is the most expansive feature in any house and that means it’s the one thing that everyone notices when they get into your house.
In other words, a sparkling hardwood floor can be the crowning jewel of your house but if not well cleaned and maintained. Even so, it can turn to be your worst nightmare if not taken care of well. So, what makes a hardwood floor tick? Well, the answer to that is simple – keeping it clean!
The problem is, not every other vacuum cleaner is designed to condition and clean hardwood floors. And with the market being saturated with thousands of brands, it can be daunting and intimidating for anyone to make an informed decision.
Fortunately, we handled the difficult for you. I mean, we have spent countless hours of research and testing to come up with the best stick vacuum for hardwood floors specially designed.
Reviewed Top 4 Best Stick Vacuum for Hardwood Floors Reviews and Comparisons briefly here,
- Best Overall: Bissell Featherweight Stick Vacuum Lightweight Bagless
- Best Lightweight Stick Vacuum for Hard Floors: Eureka NES210 Blaze 3-in-1 Swivel Lightweight Stick Vacuum Cleaner
- Best Cordless Stick Vacuum: Hikeren 12000 PA Stick Vacuum Cleaner, 2 in 1 Lightweight Rechargeable Bagless
- Best Stick Vacuum for Hardwood and Pets: INSE Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
In this comprehensive and unbiased review of the Best stick vacuum for hardwood floors, you will find appliances that are nothing like the clunky and primitive models from days gone by.
Our list contains light, cordless, and rechargeable stick vacuum cleaners that are convenient and portable. These machines are not typical dust blowers either. Most are designed with special accessories that are precisely designed to not only clean hardwood floors but also furniture and stairs as well.
Here is our top rated 4 best stick vacs for hardwood floors pros, cons reviews,
Best Stick Vacuum for Hardwood Floors Review:
Featherweight light and compact is one best stick vacuum available in market today for hardwood floor cleaning. This vacuum cleaner is designed to make it easy and fun cleaning hardwood floors, stairs, carpets, upholstery and many more.
Even better, it can be converted from a stick to a handled vacuum cleaner which makes it a breeze when cleaning cramped spaces and crevices in your house. And that’s not just!
Compact and light
Tipping the scales at just 2.6 lbs., this is one of the lightest stick vacuum cleaners you will find in the market. This means you don’t have to struggle moving it around the house. The head also comes in a slim design which makes it easy to penetrate crevices and cramped up spaces.
A 2-in-1 device
When you want to clean under your bed or sofa, this stick vacuum cleaner can be converted into a handheld one. This also makes it ideal for cleaning carpets, upholstery, and furniture. However, the stick is retractable meaning that you can’t adjust its height.
Instead of replaceable bags that cost money, this Bissell 2033 comes with a 0.65L detachable cup. Once full, all you have to do is empty then clean it with a brush. Just ensure that the cup is completely dry before reattaching it to the vacuum to prevent electric shots.
Versatile and ideal stick vacuum for hardwood floors
Though its design is optimized to clean hardwood floors, it comes with several attachments that can be used to clean upholstery and pick up small hairs. The suction force is also very impressive more so when it comes to sucking dust out of crevices. However, it doesn’t come with a brush on the floor nozzle.
A strong body
The for the sake of durability, the whole of this stick vacuum cleaner is crafted from heavy-duty plastic which feels firm on the hands. Plus it comes with an off and one button which means that you don’t have to hold or push anything for it start vacuuming.
- Available in 3 colors
- Can be converted into a handheld vacuum cleaner
- Comes with a 0.65L cup for collecting debris
- Compact and light
- The sick cannot be adjusted
- Some users might find the power cord too short
Best Stick Vacuum for Hardwood Floors Review:
If you are looking for a vacuum cleaner that you can breeze through your home and attain the coveted sparkling hardwood floor, this model from Eureka is arguably one of the best stick vacuum for hardwood floors and that’s for several reasons.
Unlike typical stick vacuums, this model can be converted into 3 modes. This is one of the best stick vacuum for hardwood floors cleaning available in the market today. With this versatility, you can everything in your house including upholstery. The modes include:
1. Hand Vacuum
Vacuuming under your bed, sofa or above floors? Well, you can convert it into a handheld vacuum cleaner to make sure every part of your house is spotless.
2. Crevice Tool
With the crevice tool, hard to reach places will no longer be a problem. The slim design allows it to penetrate between the spaces in your couch or car seats seamlessly.
3. Stair Vacuum
If your house has stairs, the hand vacuum mode will make cleaning them easy and fast. Think of it as an effective time saver.
Most vacuum cleaners are designed to capture fine dust and hairs but that’s not the case with this Eureka Blaze. I mean, it is fitted with a capture nozzle which sucks large debris via the large particle channel. This means no more snowplowing large particles around your hardwood floor.
When it comes to vacuuming your house, stairs, or cleaning upholstery, speed is the name of the game and this model doesn’t disappoint. Its signature swivel steering makes it easy to use and highly maneuverable even when dealing with tight spaces.
18 ft. Power Cord
If you hate plugging and unplugging your vacuum cleaner, find solace in knowing that this model is fitted with an 18-foot power cord which gives you the freedom to clean large surfaces of your floor without unplugging.
- A 3-in-1 stick vacuum ideal for all household cleaning purposes
- Swivel steering makes it easy to move across the floor and other surfaces
- Designed with a capture nozzle for big particles
- The cord is long enough for cleaning wide surfaces at a go
- It is not cordless
Best Stick Vacuum for Hardwood Floors Review:
If you own a pet and are looking for a stick vacuum cleaner that will not only suck out dust but also pet hair, look no further. I mean, this Hikeren 12000 PA Stick Vacuum Cleaner is designed to handle it all and it easy to see why.
Utilizes a 2 mode 120W ultra-high power motor. Each mode is engineered to handle specific forms of debris effectively. With the lower power mode, you can seamlessly suck out dust and pet hair from your couches and clean upholstery.
This prevents damage to delicate fabrics and surfaces. If you want to get rid of hidden and compacted dust on carpets, hardwood floors, and crevices, the higher power mode comes in handy.
Flexible 180° swivel rotation
Thanks to its 180° swivel rotation and a retractable handle, this cordless stick vacuum is easy to maneuver be it under your couches, bed, or on top of floor or furniture. This means that crevices and tight spaces will never again be left dusty and dirty.
For dark spaces such as behind sofas, countertops, or the attics, the head is designed with LED lights. With these, you can clean invisible spaces without having to move things or crawl into them.
Built-in a 2500mAh rechargeable
One more reason this model is one of the best stick vacuum for hardwood floors is that it comes with a fast rechargeable Li-ion battery.
On a fully charged battery, you can clean your hardwood floor and other surfaces for 40min when on the low power mode and 30min when using the high power mode.
With this, you can take the vacuum cleaner anywhere without the inconvenience of cords. Besides, the battery comes with a level indicator which shows how much power is remaining so that you will never run out of power unexpectedly.
Crafted from heavy-duty materials
The entire body of this stick vacuum cleaner is made of ABS plastic. This material is light but very strong relieving you if the strain typical with using standard vacuum cleaners. Its compact size also means that you can convert it into a handheld vacuum cleaner that you take anywhere, be it the attic, on countertops, or shelves.
- Comes with a powerful and long-lasting rechargeable battery
- Light and compact
- LED lights to illuminate dark areas
- Ideal for people with pets
- Some people might find it very small
Best Stick Vacuum for Hardwood Floors Review:
Anti-static carbon fiber roller
The roller is crafted from soft anti-static carbon fiber which seamlessly sucks out hair, dirt, and debris from hardwood floors and other surfaces.
It is designed with a rechargeable battery that charges fast and lasts for a long time. This means that you have the freedom from cords that limit how far and where you can clean.
Slim Motorized Cleaner Head
The slim design of the head gives you the freedom to clean crevices and spaces with low clearance such as under sofas and beds. The lowest height it can penetrate is 3.15 inches. The head is also attached with LED lights that illuminate dark areas to ensure that you get rid of the dirt and dust.
It is fitted with a HEPA filter and cyclone filtration technology which effectively maintains strong suction power while blowing the dust away from the motor. This replaces allergenic air with fresh air while also ensuring that the motor is protected.
Hygienic Bin Emptying
The dust canister is designed to make dirt handling hygienic and prevent mess-ups. All you need to do when emptying the canister is hold the bottom cover with one hand then pull the lock using your thumb.
2-in-1 cleaning attachment
If there is someone in your household with long hair, this model comes with a 2 in 1 cleaning tool which includes a brush and blade on each end. You can use these attachments to get rid of hair and fine dust that gets tangled around the roller brush.
Detachable & Washable Filters
The dustbin and all of its components are designed in such a way that they can be disassembled. This makes it easy to clean them but ensure that the filter is bone dry before reattaching it to prevent it from blockages.
When cleaning, the retractable “stick” can be adjusted accordingly depending on how tall you are. It can also be collapsed into a compact size after you are done cleaning to make it easy to hang on the wall or store in a closet.
All of these features combined make the one of Best stick vacuum for hardwood floors
- A versatile stick vacuum that can be used in various ways
- The Anti-static carbon fiber roller is ideal for hardwood floors
- Comes with headlights to illuminate dark spaces
- Compact enough to fit in crevices and crumped areas
- It is not cordless which means it needs to be plugged into a power source
Best Stick Vacuum for Hardwood Floors Buying Guide:
Why should you take into consideration when buying a stick vacuum for hardwood floors?
Get it right, and the convenience and maneuverability of the best stick vacuum for hardwood floors will make cleaning your hardwood floor a pleasurable and gratifying endeavor.
Besides, they are lighter than the standard cylinder and upright vacuums which makes them more comfortable and easier to use.
The suction power of stick vacuums is also unrivaled making them an ideal investment for anyone who wants to bask in the adulation and opulence of a well cleaned and conditioned hardwood floor.
Here is detailed step-by-step vacuum buying guide for anyone needs to know what to look for in a vacuum.
Having said that, what should you take into consideration when buying a stick vacuum for hardwood floors?
- Accessories and attachments: Though most stick vacuum cleaners come with an array of attachments, it’s important to take into consideration your needs and preferences.
- Crevice and upholstery attachment: if you are entirely replacing the vacuum you have, you might want to consider a stick vacuum with all the accessories necessary to keep your house clean such as a crevice and upholstery attachment.
- Motorized pet brush: If you have a pet, one with a motorized pet brush will come in handy. All in all, it boils down to your needs and preferences.
- Bagged or bagless? Some stick vacuums are designed with bags that can be removed when full of dust and debris they can be removed. This means you don’t have to handle dirt when emptying the canister, but you need a constant supply of these bags.
- Bagless ones collect dirt directly into the canister which means they can be messy but are cheaper to maintain.
- Sensory technology: Some stick vacuums come with sensors that automatically determine the floor type and adjust the power accordingly. This saves battery life and also prevents damage to floors.
- Headlights: If you have dark places in your house, a stick vacuum cleaner with LED lights will come in handy to illuminate all the crevices and tight corners that you can’t see.
- Weight: If you are after something light, keep a close on the weight. Anything over 3 kilograms can fell heavy after long periods. Therefore, go for a model whose weight is concentrated around the floor.
Best Stick Vacuum for Hardwood Floors FAQs:
What is a best stick vacuum for hardwood floor cleaning?
Though there are several types of vacuum cleaners in the market, stick vacuums are gaining more popularity since they are cordless, light, powerful, and efficient.
Unlike typical vacuum cleaners, this design offers a light “stick” like body and a small canister which can be easily and regularly emptied. Moreover, they are very versatile in that you can attach a wide array of accessories such as a crevice cleaner- to clean difficult to reach crevices, motorized brush for pet hair, and an upholstery tool to clean furniture and other soft surfaces.
As though not enough, they are designed to use a battery which makes them cordless eliminating the annoyance of plugging and unplugging your vacuum cleaner as move around the house.
How does a stick vacuum cleaner work?
Stick vacuum cleaners are much more maneuverable and easier to use when compared to typical canister and full-size upright models. This makes them ideal for cleaning constricted areas and tight corners where big vacuum cleaners can’t fit.
Since each model is made by a different manufacturer, the process of using each is different. However, here are basic things that you need to know but be sure to consult the manufacturer’s manual.
- Check the head to see that the canister is well attached. If yours is not bagless, open the bottom and attach a bag.
- If the model you have has a cord, plug it into a power supply and press the on button. If it is cordless, make sure the battery is fully charged.
- Adjust the “stick” or handle to a comfortable height and switch to a high power mode if yours comes with more than one mode.
- Move the vacuum cleaner gently across your hardwood floor making sure no spots are left.
- For constrained and tight spaces, you can convert it into a handheld mode.
- Once done vacuuming, empty and clean the canister.
- Wait for the filter to dry before reattaching it. Once assembled, store your vacuum cleaner safely for future use.
Final Thoughts: Best Stick Vacuum for Hardwood Floors
As we come to the end of this review, we hope that you have an idea of what you need to look for a best stick vacuum for hardwood floors. However, the golden rule is that is the best stick vacuum for hardwood floors is one that adequately fulfills your needs and preferences. Therefore, sit down, take your own time, and consider why you are buying one, then make a final decision based on that.
Overall, the best stick vacuum for hardwood floors from our ultimate review is Bissell Featherweight Stick Vacuum Lightweight Bagless.
You may also take a look at our ultimate step-by-step vacuum cleaners buying guide